Saturday, June 28, 2014

Forbidden Fruit


After four years, poetry has rekindled in my life. It's never that simple though. But whatever happens, I will always be grateful that this phase has inspired me to take up writing again.


They say opposites are over-rated
Desire doesn't last
That I was too whimsical
Dreaming about an iconoclast.

The ring of your voice
The spring in your step;
Lit stubs between your fingers
That I struggled to accept.

Your veil of ease
That confuses most men-
Incredible what a person can accomplish
Fueled by panic and cigarettes!

When you laugh, I lose a part of me-
The part that's dark and twisted.
When you laugh, I can pretend-
Pretend that it never existed

Perhaps I can ignore you
Let these feelings wither with time.
Or perhaps when I see you next
Your hand might just slip into mine.

We deserve a better ending
I know at least you do.
How can I be responsible for your agony?
When I can barely contain my own

So I struggle through cold verses,
Pen a fitting obituary.
To another dismal story-
Another frittered opportunity

Even so, these words flow,
Weaving memories of the past
Yet again this heart bleeds
While logic condones the shards.

Renegade

No comments:

Post a Comment