Saturday, February 20, 2010

Debut

Ok, for my very first blog entry, I decided to take a leaf out of my blog's name- Figure me out.

Very often, we are helpless and can only hope the other person can read between the lines and figure out what's happening. After all, to quote Churchill, we are all riddles wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. Until of course, the right person comes along and untangles it all.

Wrote this poem when I was 16. Only one person was meant to figure it out... and she ultimately did!

Figure Me Out

Fooled by my carefree ways,
Casual words, lazy stares?
Yeah, I’m used to having my own way,
I get what I want… hell may care!

Dulcet eyes that never falter,
Those ruthless words… never minced,
That easy smile, says it all,
I’m the one you’re looking for.

So what if I say that everything’s fake,
You know me by name, but do you know me?

Razor-sharp words shield a wounded core,
That smile belies a conflict within.
Toughness that conceals my longing for you,
You think you know me? Well, you don’t.

This world of make-believe saps my strength away,
This veil of pretense is drowning me instead,
This veneer of detachment might slip before long,
Is there any place where I can belong?
Have I not the right to bleed?
Tongues lash out, yet the silence screams.

Please hear what I leave unsaid,
Scrape the surface and I’m no longer there,
Beneath a garb lies a heart that beats,
Does it beat for you?
I’d never reveal,
And, you would never know.

Undercurrents of despair will wash me ashore
Back to reality-
To face it all once more.
Everything will pass
Only memories will lurk;
Of silent hopes and unspoken dreams
Only to be fantasized-
Never to be lived.


2 comments:

  1. brilliant one once again...don't know what to make of it though I'll only wish her luck whoever she is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, got to to this only because you revealed it somewhere on a publicly accessible profile.. What made you start a blog.. And then abandon it?

    ReplyDelete