Saturday, February 20, 2010

Goodbyes...

Times they are-a-changing....

People change, we move one... but memories linger...

This one was probably penned by me under heavy hormone overload, but hope it strikes a chord...

GOODBYE
Voice that mellowed my hardened soul
Wistful eyes that probed me innocently
Twinkling laughter that gave me hope
Tender hands I longed to hold.

You touched my life like no one before
I began to love life with new fervor
Appreciate sentiments, cherish memories
Caress dreams, rekindle hopes.

But now as I put pen to paper
Hoping to stream out some sensible lyrics about you
Surprisingly, my hands waver...
How do I describe an angel?
How do I bid good bye?
So many things to say, so little time.

How do I pour my heart onto this paper so fast?
This paper is not you- 
Will our timeless conversations simply vanish into the past?
It is a barrage of emotions- all of them so true.

Wish our lovely moments would stretch on till eternity
That your ethereal voice woke me once more,
That complete faith in each other,
Those intimate talks on the phone.

Yet we bid our good byes
and march forth to fulfill our dreams
Hoping our ways cross once more. 
So, for all the vivid memories
I strive for an imperfect poem 
Dedicated to the perfect moments we shared.



1 comment:

  1. very touching...and i think its perfect i mean as far as the phrasing is concerned...the right words in the right places couldn't hav been better

    ReplyDelete